Friday, December 14, 2018

Weber’s Restaurant and Hotel defies the odds, maintaining a strong succession plan for the past 80 years.

My father, Herman Weber, began his career in the hospitality industry in the 1930s as a dishwasher at a local restaurant. He had planned to use the money he saved to buy a car, but instead leased a bankrupt diner that had come onto the market. At only 25 years old, Dad was in business for himself!
best hotels Ann Arbor

More than 75 years later, my father’s legacy lives on at Weber’s Restaurant and Hotel in Ann Arbor, Mich., the establishment my parents founded in 1937. It was an eatery before it was a hotel, and was recently ranked among the best hotels in the country by CollegeRank.net and in the world by Expedia.com. Today, I serve as president, and two of my sons, Michael and Brian Weber, are vice presidents of the hotel and restaurant, respectively.


My sister and I heard about the daily happenings at Weber’s at the family dinner table every night. We were at the restaurant constantly, getting to know the staff and later working there ourselves. As I grew up and started my own family, I knew my future was in the family business, as did my sons.

Continue reading here!

No comments:

Post a Comment